Tips and Advantages to Power Wash the Windows of Your Floridian Home
Most janitorial services will tell you ‘they don’t do windows.’ The Elite Power Washing team has some tips to help you get your windows clean. Power washing is an easy way to clean your windows so you can enjoy having a great view again.
Reasons to Power Wash Windows
Power washing windows is an easy way to get your windows clean. Power washing uses a stream of water to clean off the dirt, dust, and grime all in one easy application. Here are some other reasons to consider power washing your windows:
- Power washing windows takes care of everything at once. You don’t need a squeegee, paper towels, or buckets to get the job done.
- Power washing can reach hard to get to windows and places. You can reach higher stories with a power washer. You should be able to reach second-story windows. There’s no getting on ladders to reach the windows.
- Power washing is good for the environment. Power washing uses 75% less water than a hose. No toxic chemicals or sprays are used with power washing. There are cleaning solutions available commercially if your windows are very dirty. You can also make a homemade cleaning solution. Add ½ tsp grease-fighting dish soap to one gallon of water. Gently stir the soap into the water so you don’t create a lot of bubbles. Another homemade solution is to add ½ cup ammonia and one pint of rubbing alcohol to one gallon of water.
- Power washing improves the value of your property
- Clean windows make your business and home increases curb appeal. Having a well-maintained place increases property value.
Tips for Success When Power Washing Your Windows
Here are some tips to help you be successful when power washing your windows:
- You’ll get better results if you do windows separately from your siding.
- Make sure all the windows are closed.
- Be careful with windows that have window putty. Do not use too high pressure or hit it at an angle that can remove the window putty.
- Be extra careful with double pane windows as the seal can be broken if hit with too much pressure. If that happens the only fix is to buy new windows. Consider using a spray bottle and squeegee for double pane windows.
- Do not power spray your screens as the pressure will tear them.
- Select the power setting and spray the windows. You are looking for enough pressure to get the windows clean without using pressure that is too high or you risk cracking the window.
- Use a low pressure (like 1500 to 2,000psi) and a wide spray window (like 45 to 60 degrees). If your pressure washer has an adjustable nozzle set it to its widest setting.
- Don’t hit the window straight on, but at a 45-degree angle. The easiest way to get a feel for the correct pressure is to stand back about 10 feet. Work your way forward until the pressure feels right.
- Start at one side of the window and then go across to the other side. Do not spray the water directly on the window glazing or under the trim.
- Take a test run on a garage or other small window.
Give Us a Call
Are you tired of your dirty windows but don’t have the time to do it yourself? If you would like help cleaning your windows give the Elite Power Washing team a call. We can make the windows of your home or business sparkle. Our team will take professional care of your screens and windows with our soft power washing system to avoid any damage. You’ll love the view from your sparkling clean windows!